About Cindy Young
Hi! My name is Cindy. I am a green mom to a sweet baby girl and a creative big boy. One Part Sunshine is a place to share my experiences raising my kids in the safest and most natural way possible. My degrees in chemical engineering and law gave me the confidence to start this blog but my family gave me the inspiration. When I’m not blogging, I’m homeschooling, crafting, cooking, gardening, knitting, hiking and occasionally relaxing in my country home outside the Blue Ridge Mountains.
I believe that green parenting is not all-or-nothing. I’m not a vegetarian (and I confess to eating junk food once in a while). I don’t live off the grid (my AC is cranking right now). And most of my clothes are not organic (I don’t have quite the income to support that)! But I try to choose products made out of natural ingredients. I make things homemade whenever possible. And I try to instill a love of nature in my children.
Why “One Part Sunshine”?
I am often asked how I came up with the name for my website. “One Part Sunshine” is based on the idea that it takes many different pieces to raise a happy and healthy child. Children require:
- a safe home
- healthy foods; and
- sunshine (plenty of time outdoors)
About One Part Sunshine
See our About Us page for more information about One Part Sunshine and our product guides and articles.
Want more One Part Sunshine?
We need your help! Support our mission to educate the world on how to grow green kids. Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Check us out on Pinterest. Subscribe via email (see link in right sidebar).
And spread the word to everyone you know!
In the Press
One Part Sunshine has been featured in the following sites and publications:
In the News
- Local Blogger Recognized by Parents Magazine :: CBS 19 News
- Parents Magazine 2013 Best Blog Awards :: Parents.com
- One Part Sunshine Introduces Scariest T-Shirt Ever for Halloween :: Inhabitots
- Charlottesville Green Blogger Getting National Attention :: NBC 29 News
- Why I Wish I Hadn’t Used a Lubricant While Trying to Conceive :: Circle of Moms/PopSugar
- Top 5 Tips for a Healthy & Safe Nursery :: Healthy Child Healthy World
- Five Fantastic Non-Toxic Pest Remedies :: Healthy Child Healthy World
- 20 Dazzling Ecommerce Websites
- 15 Best eCommerce Website Designs That Stand Out From The Crowd
- 15 Awesome & Stand-Out eCommerce Stores
NOTICE: Blog posts on OnePartSunshine.com may contain affiliate links. In other words, if you buy something after clicking on a link in a post, then I might receive an affiliate commission.