Screen free week wasn’t a huge success for us. Both kids came down with colds so my son spent some time in front of the TV. Fortunately, my son loves educational shows, especially about animals, so he watched only documentaries and Jeff Corwin on Netflix. This weekend, we also attended the spring fair in our town. My son loves this fair and looks forward to it every year. They do a fantastic job with a fairy walk complete with amazing fairy houses (see photo above). And they have fun games and healthy food.
I am also looking forward to Mother’s Day. We have nothing big planned other than spending some time with my mom at her house on the river. My son has been making gift after gift for his Grandmom and can’t wait to give them to her.
Links I Love This Week:
- 6 Spectacular DIY Mother’s Day Gifts Dads and Kids Can Make for Mom and Green Gifts for Moms :: Inhabitots
- Is Baby Powder Safe? This post includes a homemade baby powder recipe. :: Nature Moms Blog
- 4 Simple Ways to Avoid Hidden Chemicals in Every Day Products :: The Soft Landing
- From car seats to Wal*Mart dolls: 5000 toxic chemicals in children’s products :: Eco Child’s Play
- 6 All-Natural Cleaners And 25 Ways To Use Them :: Brit + Co
- Quick, Easy, Homemade Deodorant that actually works :: Apartment Therapy
- The Benefits of Kids Yoga :: Modern Parents Messy Kids
Want more One Part Sunshine? Here’s how: