Happy Earth Day! We don’t really make a big deal out of Earth Day in our house because we try to treat every day like Earth Day! I finally set up an Instagram account so you can see some more ways that we like to help the Earth.
One of my favorite parts about spring is the start of our local farmers’ markets. We visited our local market this past weekend and bought a bunch of vegetable and herb plants. We made the decision to scale down the garden this year so our plants will be going in pots. We are limiting ourselves to tomatoes, hot peppers and a few different herbs. We would like to transplant our strawberries into pots but I’m not quite sure how to do that.
Links I Love This Week:
- 50 reusable goods that easily replace disposable goods :: Growing a Green Family
- Whole Foods Market invites you to share how you care about the world around you during Earthling Month
- 50 Earth Day activities for kids :: Tinkerlab
- Make a plantable paper earth :: Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Check out this trailer for STUCK about the ups and downs of the international adoption system :: YouTube
- Here we go again! High levels of lead found in rice-based baby food :: Inhabitots
- Tampon vs Mooncup video :: Nature Moms Blog
- Safe Dishes for Freezer Meals :: The Soft Landing Blog
Want more One Part Sunshine? Here’s how: