The tornado that struck Oklahoma earlier this week is a tragic reminder of how much we are at the mercy of Mother Nature. No matter how much we try to protect our children, there are some things that are unavoidable. My heart goes out to the people who have lost loved ones, especially the parents who lost children. What I take from this is to try to cherish my children as much as possible during the time we have together.
Like many others, I find myself wondering what I can do to help. Since I am all the way out in Virginia, I can’t offer a helping hand. So I searched the web for other ways that I might be able to make a small difference.
Not only were lives lost, but homes and businesses were as well. People are suffering in many different ways and can definitely use our help. I have decided to make a donation to an organization providing emergency supplies and relief. Here are some ways that you can help the victims of the Oklahoma tornado:
- Donate to the Salvation Army
- Donate to the American Red Cross
- Donate to the Oklahoma United Way Disaster Relief Fund
- Donate to Samaritan’s Purse
- Donate to Feeding America – delivers trucks of food and water
- Donate to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
- Donate to Global Giving – emergency supplies and relief
- Donate to Convoy of Hope
- Donate to Central OK Human Society – to help pets left injured or without homes
- Donate to AmeriCares
- Donate to Team Rubicon – military veterans working with first responders
- Donate to World Vision – responding to needs of children and families
- Donate to Operation USA – helping impacted community clinics and hospitals
- Donate to Donors Choose – helping teachers and classrooms affected by the tornado
I would love to hear about ways that you have helped those affected by the tornado in Oklahoma.
Want more One Part Sunshine? Here’s how:
- Check us out on Pinterest
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Subscribe to our RSS feed